The story of 'Luciano'
During the 1960s Luciano Lutring committed more than one hundred armed robberies in Italy and on the French Riviera. To the media he was the 'machine gun soloist', a name he'd earned as he kept his weapon in a violin case. To the public he was a romantic figure, one who only targeted the wealthy, stealing more than 35 billion lire during his criminal career.
Wake Up and Kill was the logical extension of such fame. It became the first feature to commit Lutring's story to celluloid, shooting having begun mere months after his eventual arrest. Capitalizing on the breakthrough success of his performance in French television's The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, Robert Hoffmann is perfect as Lutring, bringing just the right amount of charisma and youthful exuberance to his first major big screen role.
Directed by Carlo Lizzani (Requiescant), scored by Ennio Morricone, penned by the future screenwriter of Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion, and featuring that film's star, Gian Maria VolontÃÂ©, in a key supporting role, Wake Up and Kill's true-crime thrills serve as an enthralling dry run for the poliziotteschi movies that would follow a few years later.
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
- High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentations of two versions of the film: the original full-length Italian release, and the shortened English-language cut
- Italian and English soundtracks in uncompressed PCM mono sound on the respective versions of the film
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian version
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English cut
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Reinhard Kleist
Cast & CrewActors:
- Robert Hoffman
- Lisa Gastoni
- Gian Maria VolontÃÂ©
Director: Carlo Lizzani
Label: Arrow Video
Run Time: 102 mins
Release Date: 11/24/15