Please note this is a pre-order release that will be available on or around 07/20/21. All items ordered together will be charged at the time of purchase and ship together when everything is in stock. Pre-orders of this film are expected to ship several days in advance of street date.
Exclusive Limited Collector's Edition includes 4K UHD Blu-ray (2160p) and Remastered HD Blu-ray (1080p) Widescreen 1.85:1 feature presentations, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD, Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold, Reversible Sleeve and Moving Lenticular Slipcover (First Pressing Only). Pick from your choice of 3 Covers!
The Creators of ALIEN Bring A New Terror To Earth
Something very strange is happening in the quiet coastal village of Potters Bluff, where tourists and transients are warmly welcomed... then brutally murdered. But even more shocking is when these slain strangers suddenly reappear as normal, friendly citizens around town. Now the local sheriff (James Farentino of THE FINAL COUNTDOWN) and an eccentric mortician (Academy Award winner Jack Albertson of WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) must uncover the horrific secret of a community where some terrifying traditions are alive and well... and no one is ever really DEAD & BURIED.
Melody Anderson (FLASH GORDON), Lisa Blount (PRINCE OF DARKNESS), and Robert Englund (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET) co-star in this genuinely chilling horror hit written by Ronald Shusett and Dan O'Bannon (ALIEN), directed by Gary A. Sherman (POLTERGEIST III), and featuring ultra-grisly gore effects by Oscar winner Stan Winston (JURASSIC PARK).
Starring James Farentino, Jack Albertson, Melody Anderson, Lisa Blount, Robert Englund
Special Features: New 4K Restoration from the 35mm IP approved by Director of Photography Steven Poster, ASC (DONNIE DARKO, SOMEONE TO WATCH OVER ME), Dolby Atmos (English), 5.1 DTS-HD (English), and 1.0 DTS-HD (English, French) audio tracks, and more:
- 4 Audio Commentary tracks featuring Director Gary Sherman (Track 1), Co-Writer/Co-Producer Ronald Shusett and Actress Linda Turley (Track 2), Director of Photography Steven Poster, ASC (Track 3) and Film Historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson (Track 4)
- NEW! Behind the Scenes of Dead & Buried
- NEW! Dead & Buried Locations: Now & Then
- NEW! Murders, Mystery, and Music - Interviews with Director Gary Sherman and Composer Joe Renzetti
- NEW! The Pages of Potters Bluff - Interview with Novelization Author Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Stan Winston's Dead & Buried EFX
- Robert Englund: An Early Work of Horror
- Dan O'Bannon: Crafting Fear
- Theatrical Trailers, Poster & Still Galleries, plus Steven Poster's Location Stills
- BONUS! DEAD & BURIED Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Joe Renzetti
Blue Underground // 1981 // 94 Minutes // Rated R // Color // English with English SDH, French and Spanish Subtitles, French dub // All Region
"Chills To The Bone... A Film That Effortlessly Captures The Essence Of The Horror Genre!" - blu-ray.com
"An Impressive Fright Flick... Exudes Terror From Start To Finish!" - Monsters At Play
"A Nice Twist On The Usual Small-Town-Hides-Sinister-Secret Setup... Offers Some Genuine Scares And Impressive Gore!" - Empire